Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tote Bag, through May 3 at Open Space, Beacon, NY


Kalene and Dan at Open Space here in Beacon gave me and over a hundred other artists plain canvas shopping bags to paint, cut, sew and otherwise manipulate for an exhibit and auction to benefit Clearwater, an environmental educational and advocacy organization in the Hudson Valley.
Tote Bag, the exhibit which will run through May 3 , boasts a fun range of bags created by artists from all over the place, including many from Beacon, NYC, Brooklyn and handfuls from Chicago, Denver and more from across the US and Europe. Bags can be purchased online for $100.


For my bag, I decided to dye my bag a dark color and create a contour riff of my ligature pieces using a white tub and tile silicone caulk - not a very green medium, but as it is a material I have to buy occasionally, it's a bit serves to repurpose and use up a surplus that I already had.

No comments: