Thursday, September 16, 2010

Open Studio Prevue

DEWALT Today, Tomorrow Die Welt 2010 oil on printed paperboard.

A component of the Beacon Open Studios is an exhibit of all the BOS participating artists that runs through October 3 at Hudson Beach Glass.  The exhibit is an efficient way for studio visitors to sample work of the artists, then plan a more efficient studio visit itinerary by honing in on the artists they in which they are more interested.
My contribution to the show is the tiny painting above.  I'm rather tickled by it.  I debated as to whether or not this should have been my submission , but I'm glad it was, particularly since the exhibit is fairly dense and this piece puts no real strain on the linear foot capacity of the gallery.

Above: my piece sandwiched between works by Mario Rusich and Eric Wilkerson (neither of whom do I know, which is pretty much the story these days as there are so many new faces who have moved to Beacon recently, it's hard to keep up.)  Below: Angelika's contribution which is a call for collaborator bakers to alter or expand upon her chili bread recipe.

I didn't snap many photos at all, but there are some nice pieces in the show.  You'll just have to check it out for yourself.
A classic Iannarelli nest of plastic utensils.  This one has particularly anthropomorphic tines.


Down on the street, some literate soul has augmented this Collective 624713 poster.

No comments: