Sunday, May 03, 2009

Ellenville Promenade

I took a little drive to Ellenville, NY yesterday. I'll be one of the artists participating in the 10x10x10 project this year and my jaunt was an initial scouting trip to get the lay of the land. Now entering its fourth year, 10x10x10 is an storefront exhibit has followed the formula of 10 artists from 10 Hudson Valley communities in ten vacant storefronts---although this year, one of the artists hails from Texas.
I originally met 10x10x10 organizer Judy Sigunick last year when she came to Beacon to participate in the Windows on Main St. panel discussion. Here are some of the sights as Judy, Rhinebeck artist Elizabeth Peters and her daughter and I did our walkthrough.
What am I going to do for the project? I don't know. I've got a list of various ideas and concepts growing right now. What I do know is that my installation/project will have different components that I want to evolve and transform through the run of the exhibit.
The project opens on July 11 and it will run through the end of October.




No comments: