Friday, December 02, 2005

Art Auction/ Open Studio at Spire, Dec 10.



Our upcoming Open Studio at Spire Studios will also be an art auction that will benefit Grace Smith House in Poughkeepsie. Grace Smith House assists victims of domestic violence.
There is a broad offering of small pieces for the auction. I've seen some of the work and it looks good. I plan on doing some bidding myself. Bidding on all pieces starts at $50 so there will be a great opportunity to snag some great work from some excellent artists from around the Hudson Valley.
More info on the studio event and auction can be found at the Spire Studios site.

One of these two images will be my donation to the auction. They are 12" square, oil on panel. They also signal a bit of a shift I am looking to make in my paintings. There are a couple of different avenues I will be playing with, and this is one of those potential directions.


No comments: